Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2016

To The Point | Review - The Revenant

Hello everyone and welcome to: To The Point, a movie review format that get's right to it. Today, we're reviewing The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hardy.



The Revenant was one of those movies that I wasn't sure I'd enjoy, simply from watching the trailers. A period piece about the struggles of surviving out in the wilderness, just didn't really appeal to me; but then I watched it.

The movie is long, around 2 1/2 hours, and if I'm honest, there were spots were I could feel my attention weening. But these spots didn't hinder my enjoyment of this movie. It's beautifully filmed, with amazing acting by both Leo and Hardy, and that's what really drives this movie. The struggle to survive, the drive for revenge, and the majesty of nature captured is what earned it it's score.

My rating: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment