Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Batman Vs. Superman Title: A Level-Headed Reaction


Good afternoon everyone. Dusty here. Yesterday the news broke that the Man of Steel follow-up would officially be titled Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. When I heard the news, my nerd rage ran hot and I began a rant about how terrible it was, how insulted I felt and how much if a disaster it would be. Then I took a breath. Today, after I've had a chance to calm down, I think I've come to a better attitude about that title.

Do I love it? Not even a little but I'm learning to look past it. I get why it was chosen, namely marketing purposes, and it will definitely put more people in the seats. Not to mention it is just a title and has no bearing on how good or bad the film will be.

The important thing is this: production has started on the film that will see the world's two greatest heroes together on the big screen for the first time and any day now we should start seeing set photos that we can all argue over.

No comments:

Post a Comment