Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Movie Review: Frozen

Hi everybody, Dave here with another - night at the movies review, review, review....

Tonight's review is on the Disney movie: Frozen

http://media.comicbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Frozen-movie-poster.jpg

This movie has generated so much Oscar buzz and has won so many awards, that at first glance, I halfheartedly said to myself: "well that's to be expected, it's a Disney movie". But then I watched it, and was instantly amazed.

I can't remember the last "Disney" movie I watched, maybe Wreck-it Ralph, and that was good, but a pure "Disney" movie - I guess it would be Tangled. I put Disney in quotation marks because I don't consider Iron Man 3 a Disney movie, despite being produced by them and Marvel studios being owned by them. I do, however, consider Tangled, Lion King, Marry Poppins, etc., etc. as "Disney" movies.

So with that being said, as I sat there watching this, I could actually feel the joy and magic that Disney once brought me as a kid, coming back up. And that, my friends, is a serious complement. I haven't really taken Disney serious, as a studio, since I was a kid. You know, as an adult, you hear of these movies being released under the Disney banner and you know they're going to be good (Disney is an amazingly creative studio with amazingly creative people) but you're not a kid anymore so why bother. Or at least, that's how I feel about it.

With Frozen, Disney stole my heart again with the on-screen magic of their fantastic animation, catchy songs (Let it Go), and simply fantastic story-telling. You can say that the movie may be predictable at times, but honestly, in the grand scheme of things, this isn't a nick against it from me. The characters were all well done, from an animation stand point as well as a voice-acting stand point. I grew to feel for these characters, hope with them, cheer them on, and laugh with them. I thoroughly enjoyed watching this movie from start to finish, I even found myself humming a couple of the songs the next day - there are very few movies that stay with me after I've watched them, and even fewer that I would watch again. I can truly say that Frozen has been welcomed into the category with open arms.

Dave's score: 8.5/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment