Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

X-Men Casting: Channing Tatum is Gambit


So after months of campaigning, Channing Tatum and X-Men producer Lauren Shuler Donner have gotten their wish: Tatum will play the popular X-Man Gambit on the big screen!


Donner has made it no secret that she wanted the 21 Jump Street actor to take on the role and once it got out that she wanted him, Tatum himself began openly hoping. It's not currently known whether Gambit will appear in the next X-Men film after Days of Future Past, titled Apocalypse, or of he will get his own Wolverine style solo film.

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this. We've seen Gambit on screen before in the ill-recieved X-Men Origins: Wolverine but Hollywood is pretty much pretending that film never happened. I didn't mind that character for the few minutes he appeared, portrayed by Taylor Kitsch. I understand that they want to recast the character, but is Tatum the best fit? I'm not sold but I'll hold my judgment until I see some actual footage.

How do you feel about the casting of Channing Tatum as Gambit?

No comments:

Post a Comment